1. Download BrowZine - go to the app store on your iPad or Android tablet and searching for 'browzine'. It's a free download!
2. Next, select Eastern Kentucky University from the list
3. You will be prompted to enter your EKU login credentials. (These are the same credentials you would use to login to email or EKU Direct.)
4. Next, BrowZine will take a few moments to set up your library for initial use by synchronizing your holdings with our server. That's it - you're done!
*Important: If you already are running the Open Access Publishers Only version of BrowZine, you will need to first logout of your current library to get into EKU’s trial library. To do this, select "Settings" at the bottom of the screen and then in the Settings panel, choose "Logout" from the top right hand corner. This will put you back at the list of institutions. Proceed from Step 2 above.
What is BrowZine?
BrowZine is an application optimized for iOS & Android tablets that delivers a new way of browsing scholarly journals by subject area. Users can access not only hundreds of Open Access journals from key publishers such as BioMed Central and PLoS, but also the e-journal content made available by EKU Libraries’ subscriptions to individual journals such as EBSCO, Elsevier, T&F, NEJM, JAMA, Springer, Science and Wiley, and more.
What can I do with BrowZine?
- Find your favorite EKU subscribed journals by using the searchable “Titles A-Z” list
- Discover journals in your subject area by using “BrowZine Library”
- Stay current on research output in your field by easily browsing TOCs
- Create a collection of your favorite journals by saving titles to “My Bookshelf”
- Receive alerts when new articles appear (in pre-press format when possible)
- Email, save, and share (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr)
- Export content to Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, Mendeley, RefWorks, etc.
- Save important articles for offline reading
Viewing articles using BrowZine
Crabbe Library 304
Crabbe Library 304