Thanks to EKU Board of Regents Innovation Grant Funding, the Faculty Senate Open Textbook Committee is able to award up to $25,000 of Textbook Incentive Grants for the first cycle to be awarded during the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Please note that only the following are eligible for this grant:
There are three grant categories:
(1) Adoption or adaptation of existing OERs (including textbooks, free course content, and/or EKU Libraries’ licensed information resources). Each successful applicant will receive a grant of $1,000.
(2) Creation of new open course content in a format (PDF file, Web site, multimedia material, etc.) deemed most appropriate for pedagogical purposes: Each successful applicant (individual faculty member or team) will receive a grant of $4,000.
(3) Departmental adoption or adaption of OERs across multiple sections of a course. Preference given to introductory, undergraduate supporting courses, and General Education courses with high enrollments. The department will receive $5,000.
*If this is a new course that doesn’t have a history of enrollment, you are still encouraged to apply. Discuss anticipated enrollment in your narrative.
1. Professional Development
1. Training and professional development in the form of a PLC or DEEP course developed by EKU Libraries and the Faculty Senate Open Textbook Cte.
2. Technical support and guidance provided by EKU Libraries
3. Financial award provided by EKU Regents
August 1, 2020 - Grant application due
September 1, 2020 - Grant awardees announced
September - November, 2020 - Participate in PLC or DEEP Course
Remainder of semester through January – work individually, consult with facilitators as needed
Spring or Fall 2021 - Adopted/adapted course implementation
Spring 2022 or later - Newly created course material implementation
Questions about the Alternative Textbook Grant should be directed to Kelly Smith (kelly.smith2 at eku.edu).