Home Page | EKU Libraries | Eastern Kentucky University
Plagiarism: Not Just About Copy and Paste
Plagiarism takes many forms, but the most common on college campuses include:
- downloading a research paper
- purchasing a paper from a commercial paper mill
- copying a paper from a friend or classmate
- copying an article from the web or an online journal or database
- cutting and pasting information from different sources to create one document
- faking a citation
- submitting a paper for one class that you have previously used in another class
What is Plagiarism?
Using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author.
Deliberatate v. Accidental Plagiarism