What Does the TEACH Act Allow?
- Video: Sharing up to 10% or 3 minutes, whichever is less.
- Textual material: Sharing up to 10% or 1000 words, whichever is less, usually one chapter or one article per journal issue.
- Music, Lyrics, Music Video: Sharing up to 10%, but no more than 30 seconds.
- Illustrations, Photographs: Sharing no more than five images from an artist/photographer, or no more than 10% or 15 images, whichever is less, of collective work
What is NOT allowed under the TEACH Act?
- Sharing via electronic reserves, coursepacks (electronic or paper) or interlibrary loan (ILL) from personal copies
- Sharing personal copies obtained via commercial document delivery.
- Sharing textbooks or other digital content provided under license from the author, publisher, aggregator or other entity.
- Conversion of materials from analog to digital formats except in limited amounts.