Due to COVID-19, Special Collections & Archives (SCA) has implemented procedures in addition to our basic use guidelines.
Archives Appointment Request:
- SCA is open by appointment only, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Appointments for Monday must be made at least 72 hours in advance. Appointments for Tuesday-Friday must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- We will confirm appointments via email or phone during our business hours. Please wait for confirmation of the appointment before showing up in person.
- Only one person or one family unit is allowed in at a time (one family unit consists of two people who reside together).
- We prefer that researchers request the materials they intend to use ahead of time (e.g., title/call number, collection/box number).
- Researchers must confirm that they have NOT traveled out of Kentucky within the last two weeks leading up to their visit to SCA.
- Researchers must confirm that they have had no symptoms of any illness, including COVID-19, within the last three days.
- Researchers must also agree to cancel their appointment if they have any symptoms of illness, including symptoms of COVID-19, on the day of the appointment (cancel by contacting us at email@example.com or at 859-622-1792). Note: Researchers do not have to share their health information with us to cancel an appointment. Appointments may be cancelled at any time for any reason.
- Researchers must wear a mask at all times, not just within SCA but within the library and when walking outside on EKU's campus.
- EKU students, faculty and staff must scan their official EKU ID -- their Colonel Card -- at the library's entrance desk.
- Non-EKU researchers (those without an EKU ID) must check in at the library's entrance desk.
- We ask that all researchers refrain from using hand sanitizer before coming into SCA. Hand sanitizer does not remove dirt and oils, which can transfer to collections and stain or damage them. Instead, researchers are asked to wash their hands with soap and water immediately before their visit to SCA.
Basic Use Guidelines:
- Items may be used only in the SCA Reading Room.
- Please do not use ink pens in the reading room. Pencils are provided.
- All bags or purses must be left outside of the reading room. Researchers can either hang their bags/purses on the hooks outside the reading room or they can ask for a locker key.
- No food or drink is allowed. No tobacco/vaping is allowed.
- We have a photocopier for researcher use. Personal cameras may also be used.