Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) Libraries reserves the right to restrict borrowing privileges, either temporarily or permanently, for patrons who frequently abuse library borrowing privileges.
Examples of abuse include but are not limited to:
- Repeated mutilation or damage of library materials
- Repeatedly not returning materials on time
- Repeatedly having items in LOST status
- Not responding to recall notices
- Account fraud
- Repeated failure to pick up items requested via Library Express
- Repeated or constant neglect, disregard, or abuse of Library Express services and policies
- Before restricting library privileges, the library will attempt to communicate with the borrower to inform him/her of the possible restriction and to try to resolve the issue.
- After the decision to restrict a patron’s borrowing privileges has been made, the Dean of Libraries will be notified and then the patron will be notified.
- Restrictions may be lifted upon request after one calendar year if the patron has a clear library account. To request lifting of restrictions contact Julie George email@example.com